Imaizumi Yui - Nikkei Entertainment Interview 2017

 

Since her 4-and-half-months hiatus until her return now, she continues her activities with brighter smile...

Around the beginning of filming of “Tokuyama Daigoro wo Dare ga Koroshita ka?” that broadcasted on summer 2016, Imaizumi’s physical condition started getting worse. After going through so much trouble, she discussed with the staffs, and decided that she would be taking a hiatus by the end of “Keyakizaka46 Debut 1st Anniversary Live” that held on April 6th this year. And since her hiatus announcement on April 13th, the Diva of Keyakizaka46 had disappeared from our eyes for a while.

When my physical condition getting worse, I had to take a rest from my job. It might be better if I take a rest for a while rather than doing a job in half-assed condition. However, I couldn’t find the right timing, and finally decided my hiatus right before our 1st Anniversary Live. I was worried that “If I return, I won’t have a place in the group anymore”, however I always have determination that I won’t stop singing despite taking a rest for a while. Singing and dancing are two things that can make me being myself.

I have started writing a diary since my hiatus. Since I want to try writing songs in the future, I think it’s gonna be useful. I have a note which I keep writing lyric phrase on it, someday I want to make it a song. I kept doing voice training (during hiatus), however since I never danced again, my physical strength got weaker. As example, I already felt exhausted around 2nd part of “Silent Majority”, so I started running to overcome that. I’m bad at running though (XD).


On the 1st album “Masshiro na Mono wa Yogoshitakunaru” (released on July 2017), we can hear Imaizumi’s singing voice from her solo song “Natsu no Hana wa Himawari dake janai” and Yuichanzu’s song with Kobayashi Yui “1-gyou Dake no Air Mail”. We can also see her appearance with short hair and skinny face on the album booklet. When the opportunity of her comeback was getting higher, on the first day of Tokyo Stage (Makuhari Messe) of “National Arena Tour 2017”, Sugai said “Next one is a song which we are always waiting for”, Imaizumi then stood on the stage and sang “Natsu no Hana wa Himawari dake janai”.

Staff told me, “Whether you will be participating this tour or not, the decision is up to you”, so I decided to make a comeback at the final of the tour. I didn’t participate since the beginning, so I was worried about it, but I thought that I should participate because the timing was right, I already prepared myself to step forward.

On the “Natsu no Hana wa Himawari dake janai”, I’m able to make the best use of my voice quality. During my hiatus, I was able to accept my voice as it is, my way of singing already changed.

I thought I wouldn’t have a problem, but I felt nervous as soon as I stepped on the stage, my head went blank. I want to apologize for not being able to sing properly, I’ve reflected on it. On the second day (August 30th), I could relax a little, I thought I was able to put more feeling on my singing better than the first day.

I was worried that people would think “Other members did their best for a month, but Imaizumi only participated at the final”, but as soon as I appeared on the stage, I was surrounded by yellow penlights from the audience seats, I was touched when I saw it. I can’t forget that scenery.





On the encore, I also participated in “Silent Majority” and “Futari Saison” (released on November 2016), but I struggled following their movement since it was my first performance with them after a long time. However during my hiatus, I reread all Keyakizaka’s lyrics, it enabled me interpretating differently. As example, instead of showing “no smile” expression, it’s alright to show different expression in “Silent Majority”. I could perform with different feeling at that time.

At the Makuhari backstage, Yuipon (Kobayashi yui) said “Good Luck!” to me, but I was very nervous, I couldn’t response properly to her. To be honest, I only told Yuipon about my hiatus, but I can’t speak to her properly since my return, I want to apologize properly to her someday.

I’m a person that easily worrying and overthinking, I always feel pessimistic more than anyone. I can’t change my basic personality, but recently I begin to think “well, whatever”. I think I can laugh much more often than before.

On the 5th single “Kaze ni Fukaretemo”, my position is in the middle of third row. I am very happy since I always expected that I would be removed from senbatsu. As a professional, I can’t let people feel that I’m being left behind by the other members, so I will be working hard to catch them up.

=====================================================================================================

*Note: I'm not 100% sure with my translation since I only found low-resolution picture... and sorry for my bad english.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

BRODY February 2018 - Ikeda Kazuma x Shinguu Ryouhei "A Dialogue of Keyakizaka46’s Music Videos"

Quick Japan Vol.135 – TAKAHIRO